[OpenLayers-Users] Customising the OL interface

Matthew Doyle mtd at bom.gov.au
Wed May 28 03:43:01 EDT 2008

Hi OL users,

We have designed a new set of icons to replace the basic set in the
OpenLayers theme and now wish to redesign some of the aspects on where these
should be and how they should work.

I assumed this to be an easy process which is completely controlled via CSS,
but have spent the day scratching my head at how some aspects of the
interface is driven. Simply replacing a few images with the new icons does
work for the current interface, but we wish to change the position of, say,
the top left panning buttons and change the size of the increase zoom 'plus'
button. It doesn't seem immediately obvious how to do this, and looks as
though some on-the-fly processing of icons is done through the JS via
element.style="..."

I'm sure there have been many others who have already been through this
process, so i am ask you, is there any FAQ or "how to" on customising the
OpenLayers interface?

I apologise if this is an easy one, but trawling through the style.css
didn't define some aspects i thought it would.

Many thanks in advance,
Matt