[OpenLayers-Users] Help dealing with popup clicks verse click handlers

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed May 28 22:09:50 EDT 2008

Eric Lemoine wrote:
> Hi Stephen
>
> Of interest: with the attached patch to markers.html, I cannot
> reproduce your problem.
>
> --
> Eric

Eric,

I finally got around to trying out your suggested change. This code is
much more compact than what I had scraped out of the other examples,
thank you.

I was still able to reproduce the problem as long as I did the
click.activate(); BEFORE map.setCenter(...); call. Once I moved the
click.activate() after that it started behaving as expected. I have no
clue why/how this changes the behavior, but manually panning the map or
the setCenter() call seems to change/fix the click events of the zlevel
or something.

Thank you so much for your assistance, I hope this report helps.

-Steve