[OpenLayers-Users] Open Layers Capabilities

Danielle Bram danielle.bram at csun.edu
Tue Nov 4 13:53:30 EST 2008

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Open Layers and am considering using it to develop an
interactive map.  Before I continue, I wanted to verify whether it is
possible to achieve the following tasks in Open Layers before I spend a ton
of time immersing myself in the application.  Any feedback (even just yes or
no) would be greatly appreciated.

1.       Can I enable a data download tool so users could download data in a
common GIS format such as shapefile?

2.       Would I be able to enable a tool that performs a type of "identify
all" or drill-down identify that grabs attribute information from all vector
layers at a location that is clicked?

Thank you for your help..

Danni