[OpenLayers-Users] Redraw/reload a layer

Lehtonen, Mika mika at digikartta.net
Thu Nov 6 14:56:49 EST 2008

Hi,

I am using dynamic, on server-side constructed SLDs' in
Geoserver/Openlayers. They are attached by mergeNewParams({sld: 'file'})
function. At first OL sends an array of parameters into PHP by POST and
after that the wms-request is sent including the sld file location (+
session id). The problem is that after the SLD is changed, the view
isn't, even though I use layer.redraw(true), not until the map is panned
or zoomed.
So what could I do to make updating happen right after the SLD is
updated? Is the redraw function run too early or does it wait until the
request is ready?

- mika -