[OpenLayers-Users] Pass parameters to mapfile

S.Reena reena at indiamail.com
Sat Nov 8 06:39:20 EST 2008

Hi,

One issue remains still ..

"http://gis.rtbi-iitm.in/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/customisation/map
file/customNR.map&userid=2"

is working ok with

DATA "the_geom from ( select * from customised_poly AS f where f.subcat_id
IN (select subcat_id from subcat_info where maincat_id =0) AND
user_id='%userid%' )AS foo1 USING UNIQUE gid"

but

"http://gis.rtbi-iitm.in/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/customisation/map
file/customNR.map&userid=user_id"

where I am retrieving user_id from a php file n on alerting it gives integer
value(2) only is working with

DATA "the_geom from ( select * from customised_poly AS f where f.subcat_id
IN (select subcat_id from subcat_info where maincat_id =0) AND
user_id=%userid% )AS foo1 USING UNIQUE gid"

and in this case user_id is not affecting result on map

I tried parsing it to integer but didn't work.

and on putting user_id='%userid%' ..its showing query error

Thanks,
Reena.