[OpenLayers-Users] Bug with custom markers?

Vid gomi+nabble at nearlythreethings.com
Tue Nov 11 00:55:59 EST 2008

This didn't fix the problem for me either:

Christopher Schmidts wrote:

>> Correct, you shouldn't. Instead, the third property of your Feature()
>> object should be a 'data' hash with an icon variable:
>>   Feature(gmap, ll, {icon:new OpenLayers.Icon()})
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Christopher Schmidt
>> MetaCarta

However; doing it in two steps did:
		var feature = new OpenLayers.Feature(markers, ll);
		var marker = new OpenLayers.Marker(ll,icon);
and then after some event and toggle code:
		markers.addMarker(marker);

Sorry, I'd post a full example but my code is too cobbled together at this
point.