[OpenLayers-Users] Layer Query with Mapserver: How to do?

mpettis matthew.pettis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 10:51:25 EST 2008

I'm going to rephrase this question with a simpler example, as I think it
will be more apparent.

I have a .shp of all 50 states, and the .dbf file contains the names.  I'm
serving this up through a Mapserver Layer in OpenLayers (where I have a
single tile and I can pan and zoom, and have a projection of epsg:26915 --
my particular projection, I know I wouldn't use this for a map of the whole
US).  What I want to do is, when I single click on a state, I want to
populate a div tag with the name of the state in which I clicked (or better
yet, a pop-up with the name of the state from the .dbf data).  I saw an
example of how to do this with WMS, but I can't seem to translate this into
a mapserver layer-type request.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt