[OpenLayers-Users] maximum ZoomLevel for google maps

Rodolfo Moreno rmoreno at voxiva.com
Thu Nov 27 14:51:12 EST 2008

Thanks Arnd, It works very good.
On the other hands, I have another question related with it.
I am overlaying google maps with mapguide's layers. The problem is that the
displaying scales are different.
       Google maps		MAPGUIDE
	144000		100000
	 72000	 	 52000
	 36000		 27000
	 18000		 14000
	  9028		  7197
	  4514		  3728
	  2257		  1931
	  1129		  1000

Then the overlay of these two layers (google and mapguide) doesn't coincide.
For example: The corner of the street1 and street2 in google layer is 200m
toward the north of
the that corner itself in mapguide layer. It happens due to that google
layer is to the scale of 1:2257 and mapguide layer is to the scale of
1:1931.

Is there any way that both layers have the same scales?

Regards

Arnd Wippermann wrote:

> Hi Rodolfo,
>
> the patch from the old post is really not needed and there are only 21
> zoomlevels for Wuppertal.
>
> Looking now at the question with a better understanding of OpenLayers, I
> see, that I have only to set the numZoomLevels for the map object and
> MAX_ZOOM_LEVEL for the Google layers.
>
> The default values are
>
> MAX_ZOOM_LEVEL = 19
> numZoomLevels  = 16
>
> With the set
>
> MAX_ZOOM_LEVEL = 21      (0 - 21 => 22 numZoomLevels)
> numZoomLevels  = 21+1
>
> i can get the result without any patch.
>

> var maxZOOMLEVEL = 21;
>
> map = new OpenLayers.Map('map',
> {
>     maxExtent: new
> OpenLayers.Bounds(-20037508.34,-20037508.34,20037508.34,20037508.34),
>     numZoomLevels: maxZOOMLEVEL+1,
>     maxResolution: 156543.0399,
>     units: 'm',
>     projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913")
> });
>
> var gsat = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(
>     "Google Satellite",
>     {type: G_SATELLITE_MAP, sphericalMercator : true, MAX_ZOOM_LEVEL :
> maxZOOMLEVEL}
> );
>
> At http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/ you can zoom up to 21 zoomlevels.
>
> I hope, that helps.