[OpenLayers-Users] hiking trail

Markus liste12A45q7 at gmx.de
Sun Oct 5 17:18:51 EDT 2008

Hi Lance,

>> A useful software needs a useful documentation.

Thanks for your links:

> The gpx format allows wpt,rte and trks in one file.. here is a link to
> the GPX format http://www.topografix.com/gpx.asp
>
> Here is some programmer style documentation of OpenLayers
> http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers-js.htmlx

Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer or developper.

I'm a experianced user, with some basic understanding of programms.
I'm able to work with an text editor.
So I may change some code-blocks in the code, or adapt the value of
variables, or something like this.

But I need an understandable comprehensible how-to.

I think moast users needs it like this.
So if we want that OSM will grows as application, we needs how-tos for
all the stuff around OL.

I would like to help doing this, but I need the knowledge of the
experianced users and programmers.

So lets go practice:

I have:
- a GPX with ways (hiking trail)
- a GPX with nodes (POI)
- for each node and way some text for a popup

How may I
- store nodes and ways and informations together in one GPX?
- display it also together in a layer?

Thanks, Markus

PS: What do you mean with this: