[OpenLayers-Users] animate panning problem

Simo D simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 06:36:13 EDT 2008

Hi, I'm trying to use an animated panning on a map using OpenLayers.Tween.
What I want is that the map recenter where I've clicked. The animation works
but the movement is exagerate and strange. My code is:
var tween, events;

            tween = new OpenLayers.Tween(OpenLayers.Easing.Linear.easeIn);

            events = new OpenLayers.Events(null,
OpenLayers.Util.getElement('map'), null, true);
            events.register("click", null, moveMap);

        function moveMap(e) {
            var viewport = OpenLayers.Util.getElement('map');
            var mapCenter = map.getPixelFromLonLat(map.getCenter());
            var viewportPosition = OpenLayers.Util.pagePosition(viewport);
            e.xy = events.getMousePosition(e);
            var from = {
                x: mapCenter.x+viewportPosition[0],
                y: mapCenter.y+viewportPosition[1]
            };
            var to = {
                x: e.xy.x,
                y: e.xy.y
            }

						var callbacks = {
					              eachStep: function(value) {
					                  map.setCenter(map.getLonLatFromPixel(new
OpenLayers.Pixel(value.x-viewportPosition[0],
value.y-viewportPosition[1])));

            var duration = 50;

						tween.start(from, to, duration, {callbacks: callbacks});

            }

Thanks for any help.

Simone