[OpenLayers-Users] Why Does the Map Move to the Southeast When I Switch between Google Maps Layers in IE?

pem per-erik.modig at itmedia.se
Thu Oct 16 04:06:54 EDT 2008

I have build a site where users can add vector-features on a google base map.
The Vector layer is then recieved as GML.

The problem is using IE:
- zoom with hold shift and draw an rectangle
- switch from normal layer to Hybrid, the map is moved to southeast, how
much is depending on the zoom-level.

It seems to work when you first zoom with control (+ sign) or doubleclick on
the map.

It works fine in FF2, Google Chrome and Safari

I have downloaded latest stable version 2.7 and check that fix/bug 830 is in
the code. (described in:
http://faq.openlayers.org/google/why-does-the-map-move-to-the-southeast-when-i-switch-to-a-google-maps-layer/)

The site is found here:
http://www.obasen.nu/kartbanken/index.php