[OpenLayers-Users] Upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7 : Drag 'n Zoom Style Problem

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Oct 18 08:50:32 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:32:01AM -0700, j-ms wrote:

> I have just upgraded from OL 2.6 to OL 2.7 and notice that the red stroke of
> the rectangle for Drag 'n Zoom is no longer rendered.  I only get the
> crosshair cursor appearing during DnZ but no rectangle.  I first though this
> may be a bug but notice that on the OL home page, the example still works.
> Is there something specific I should be looking out for ?  Examples:
> http://souwest.dnsalias.com/amahlati/test26.html OL 2.6 example showing
> stroke  and  http://souwest.dnsalias.com/amahlati/test27.html OL 2.7 example
> showing no stroke

In order to draw the drag rectangle correctly, it is required to include
the OpenLayers CSS. Between 2.6 and 2.7, these CSS files changed, anad
it appears that when you upgraded, you did not upgrade your CSS.

http://souwest.dnsalias.com/amahlati/openlayers/theme/default/style.css
appears to be the 2.6 CSS: you will need to upgrade it to match the 2.7
CSS.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta