[OpenLayers-Users] Clustering and addFeatures method

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Wed Oct 22 08:43:16 EDT 2008

Le Wednesday 22 October 2008 12:33:04 arno974, vous avez écrit :
> Hello Yves,
>
> Tried to add a new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed(), in your strategies and it
> should work.
> I noticed that the cluster doesn't work if i don't use the fixed strategy.
> Maybe a bug or i didn't use it in a good way.
>
> Here you will find an example : http://geotribu.net/?q=node/47
>
> Regards
>
> Arnaud
>
> Yves Jacolin (free) wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to set up a cluster strategy for one of my vector layer. I
> > add this code to my existing code:
> >   var vector = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector(name,
> >                   {
> >                      strategies: [
> >                         new OpenLayers.Strategy.Cluster({distance:20})
> >                       ]
> >                   }
> >                 );
> > Before this, the code was " var vector = new
> > OpenLayers.Layer.Vector(name);"
> >
> > I fill my vectorLayers later, reading a postgis result with:
> >
> > var feature = wktParser.read(_tmp[1]);
> > [..]
> > vectorLayer.addFeatures([ feature ]);
> >
> > I get only one feature (instead of 2) for all the zoom level. I tried to
> > change the distance option above, but nothing append. If I check the DOM,
> > nothing show me that there are more than 1 feature in this layer.
> >
> > Where am I wrong?
> >
> > Y.
> > PS : the code is much more longer than here and is split in several
> > functions
> > so I can't show you all in once, I tried to put the most readable as
> > possible.
> > --
> > Yves Jacolin
Hi,

Thanks Arnaud, but it doesn't change anything for me, except that now I have
to define a protocol parameter in my Vector constructor.

Do I need to load data when creating the layer? Currently I load my data later
in the process (at the end of the page) as I need to load different data
after the search process.

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin