[OpenLayers-Users] Displaying pre-rendered images

_greg gstopar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 09:58:05 EDT 2008

Hi all

I have my own JavaScript client engine for displaying map images. Client is
using this pre-rendered images (tiles) by constructing URL requests to the
server. Tiles are stored on the servers disk with some directory structure
and their names have been specially assembled ( like tile-zoom-x-y.png).
Now, we would like to switch to the OpenLayers.
So, my question is: Is there any easy way how to "teach" OpenLayers to
construct correct requests to the server where tile are? Any suggestion how
to implement this in OpenLayers would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
bye