[OpenLayers-Users] What is the layer name for mapnik?

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 10:40:59 EDT 2008

Hello,
Actually I found out that mapnik aka tile.openstreetmaps.org uses only TMS.

Trying to run the TMS:
http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/tms.html
url of : http://tile.openstreetmap.org/
image: png
layer_name???????? what is the layer name for mapnik.....

I found examples on openlayers.org but it doesn't have layer name anywhere????

var mapnik = new OpenLayers.Layer.TMS(
82 	                "OpenStreetMap (Mapnik)",
83 	                "http://tile.openstreetmap.org/",
84 	                {
85 	                    type: 'png', getURL: osm_getTileURL,
86 	                    displayOutsideMaxExtent: true,
87 	                    attribution: '<a
href="http://www.openstreetmap.org/">OpenStreetMap</a>'
88 	                }

Was anybody able to run this url with openstreetmaps TMS service?
Thanks,
Lucas