[OpenLayers-Users] Making changes in external html/php file reflect up on current map page

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Thu Oct 23 17:47:21 EDT 2008

If you want to control the map from an external window, opened from the main
page, than you must refer to the main page by using opener (i.e
opener.document.getElementById).

To refer from the main page to the external window, you must use the window
handle of the external window.

Example 5 : http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/Index/index.html#A5

Arnd Wippermann