[OpenLayers-Users] Measure tool in 2.7 RC1

Jennifer Strahan jennifer at greeninfo.org
Sun Sep 7 14:03:56 EDT 2008

Hello,

Thanks for including the measuring tool!  I'm wondering if there are any
guidelines for use that I should follow.  I added a Google map layer to
the measure example and am finding some error with the measurements.  Is
it possible that my map settings are wrong?

I measured Alamo Square in San Francisco and the area result is around
92557 square meters (nearly 23 acres).  The actual measurement should be
around 13 acres.

My test map is here:
http://www.parkinfo.org/review/measure.html

Any suggestions as to how I can adjust my settings to get the correct
results?

Thanks,
Jennifer