[OpenLayers-Users] Switching Between Google Maps Layers

Chris Streeter chris at chrisstreeter.com
Mon Sep 8 13:42:29 EDT 2008

I have a question about using multiple Google Maps Layers.  When I bring up
the Google Layer example (2.6<http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/google.html>,
nightly <http://dev.openlayers.org/nightly/examples/google.html>), and
switch between layers (ie. Google Physical to Google Streets), the map moves
slightly south.  Changing the Base Layer back further moves the map south.
This seems similar to what is described in the
FAQ<http://faq.openlayers.org/google/why-does-the-map-move-to-the-southeast-when-i-switch-to-a-google-maps-layer/>,
which is described as being fixed in the trunk and for 2.7, but might be
different enough that this is a new problem.  I've been able to reproduce
this locally with 2.7-rc1 and seen the same result.

Is there any way to prevent the map from moving down?

Also, I'm not sure if this question was more appropriate for the dev list,
since it seems more like a bug, but since it could be some setting I'm
overlooking I wanted to try the users list first.

Thanks,

- Chris