[OpenLayers-Users] How do I get my polygon coordinates?

Bijoy bijoya at rediff.co.in
Thu Sep 11 05:49:04 EDT 2008

Guys!
I need some hint on getting the polygon coordinates... I have been trying
for hours.. but, no help. Can we get the coordinates of dynamically created
polygon.
I am able to get the done status of drawing polygon, but cannot get the
coordinates. This is how i am trying to do...

----- code ----

var polycontrol;
function init(){
	map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', {'maxResolution': 'auto'});
	layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("OpenLayers WMS",
"http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0?", {layers: 'basic'});
	vectors = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Vector Layer");
	map.addLayers([layer, vectors]);
	map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(lon, lat), zoom);
	map.setOptions({restrictedExtent:new OpenLayers.Bounds(-180, -90, 180,
90)});
	map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition());
}
function addPolygon(){
	polycontrol = new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(vectors,
OpenLayers.Handler.Polygon, {'featureAdded': check});
	map.addControl(polycontrol);
	polycontrol.activate();
}
function check(obj){
	var geometry = new OpenLayers.Geometry.Polygon();
	alert(geometry.toString());                    <================ Need
Polygon Co-ordinates Here.
	alert(geometry.getBounds());
	polycontrol.deactivate();
}
---- code ends ----

But, inside the check function, I get results like "POLYGON()" on
geometry.toString()...
Can anyone please help?

<BIJOY>