[OpenLayers-Users] Bug ie:8

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Sun Sep 14 15:34:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

according to [1], dynamically adding vml elements to a dom tree does not
work (yet) in IE8 (beta 1 and 2) in IE8 mode.

The only workaround at the moment is to include a meta tag in the head
of your html page to make IE8 work in IE7 mode (see [2]):

One thing that will definitely not work in IE8 mode is the way we
currently add the vml namespace, because script.addRule is no longer
supported. Most likely, HTML pages will have to include

<?import namespace="olv" implementation="#default#VML" ?>

in the future, unless we find a way to include that dynamically.

To summarize, it still seems a bit early to think about IE8, as long as
there are known VML limitations with the beta versions. But we are aware
and prepared to do something, as soon as things get stable in IE8.

Regards,
Andreas.

[1]
http://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=364096