[OpenLayers-Users] Can't set style for ModifyFeature control...

Mark Nine mbailen at usgs.gov
Fri Sep 19 16:18:16 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm having difficulty setting the "select" style for the ModifyFeature
Control.  The documentation for  ModifyFeature has a property for
virtualStyle (which sets the style for the vertices and works for me), but
not selectStyle.  Do I need to create a SelectFeature Control along with my
ModifyFeature Control?

I've tried various solutions, most based on guesswork, including setting a
style when I create the control (green_style is defined elsewhere):

edit = new OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature(boundingBoxLayer, {selectStyle:
green_style, mode: OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature.RESHAPE});

Also tried adding a Select Control along with the Modify Control...  so far,
nothing has worked.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark