[OpenLayers-Users] OL custom api builder?

Deli Soetiawan crushfire2004 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 04:12:38 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I need to create OpenLayers application for use with handset (Nokia
Symbian S60 series phone), the browser itself support Ajax and i've tested
OL works good, but since OL api (OpenLayers.js) itself was a huge (using
minified version, around 460kb after tight compress still at 170kb) it can
be overkill for my app :(

I have heard about making custom OL api using Phyton, but i didn't have
nor ever install Phyton on my server/development PC.

Then i seen "lib" folder, and think maybe i could grab some *.js i really
need for my app, leave the rest, and combine it into single js using
online services like http://www.scriptalizer.com/ (and packed it more
tight using http://www.bananascript.com/). But i get some problem with
knowing which files should i pick so maybe anyone here can give me
suggestion

What i need were:
- Kamap layer
- GML layer + GeoRSS format
- GeoRSS layer (as backup)
- Google Maps Layer
- Pan & Zoom
- Ability to show marker
- Ability to switch layer

Map Format:
- ESRI standar .shp (configured on .map on MS4W)
- GeoTIFF .tiff (configured on .map on MS4W)

And something that were needed for OL core to run, no need for
scalebar,overview map,panzoombar,etc just a basic

Here a pic for GUI i design:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8504/screenshot013vr0.png

(Notice that "Show in Google Maps" link will function as switch layer into
Google Map layer)

Thanks alot,
Deli Soetiawan