[OpenLayers-Users] Adjusting layers when other layers are active (layer switcher)

Chip Taylor ctaylor at preparedresponse.com
Tue Sep 23 10:58:06 EDT 2008

I am running OL2.5 and have a requirement to adjust the visibility or
transparency of certain layers depending on whether or not a certain layer
is selected in the LayerSwitcher.  For example I have the base layer and
layers 1,2 and 3.  Layers 1 and 2 are visible when the page loads, 3 is not.
When layer 3 is selected in the LayerSwitcher then layer 1 should be not
visible (and deselected in the LayerSwitcher) and layer 2 should have the
transparency set to .40.  If layer 3 is deselected then layer 1 should then
be selected and visible with layer 2's transparency reset to 1.0.  Any help
in doing all that would be greatly appreciated.

Chip Taylor
Lead Web Developer

Prepared Response, Inc.
1142 Broadway Plaza, Suite 400
Tacoma, WA 98402
253-272-1483 office
253-948-2525 cell
253-272-1562 fax
ctaylor at preparedresponse.com

www.preparedresponse.com

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Prepared Response, Inc. immediately at (206)
223-5544 and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments