[OpenLayers-Users] mouse cursor position when using e.g. EditingToolbar

Lehtonen, Mika mika at digikartta.net
Tue Sep 30 15:49:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

this problem has been disturbing me for a long time now. If I set an
EditingToolbar on my page and set e.g. style of the 'html,body' to be
.... margin: 10 px; ...., the drawing of the vector features isn't so
easy anymore because the mouse cursor will be also 10 px aside from its
right position. So if I set my cursor to be crosshair cursor, the start
of the line isn't the cross but 14 px south-east from it. This is a
Firefox (3.03 current version) issue. I was wondering just right now,
whether the lines are also drawn with the same error? I mean, are they
there where they should be, compared to the map under them or is it just
the cursor which isn't at the right place?

In IE7, the margin setting doesn't effect at all. The "error" is always
the same, some 2-4 px to south-east, nevertheless the margin setting.

What can I do to prevent this? In EditingToolbar example the cursor
seems to be behaving properly, although with the "normal" cursor, you
can't be for sure. I can't find any style setting anymore, which might
influence on my problem. I am using 2.7 RC in this demo, if I recall
right, but the problem is the same with the latest also.

- mika -