[OpenLayers-Users] removeFeatures + Cluster Strategy

Heidt, Christopher M. CHRISTOPHER.M.HEIDT at saic.com
Wed Apr 1 08:26:39 EDT 2009

first i do this:

function _createFeatures(records)
        {
                var features = [];
                var wktFormat = new OpenLayers.Format.WKT({
                        externalProjection: _map.displayProjection,
                        internalProjection: _map.projection
                });
                Ext.each(records, function(record){
                        var feature =
wktFormat.read(record.get('featureGeom'));
                        feature.id = record.get('featureId');
                        features.push(feature);
                });
                _featureLayer.addFeatures(features);
        }
and it works great.

later i do this:

_featureLayer.removeFeatures(_featureLayer.features);

and my feature clusters disappear as expected...until i change my zoom
level, then they all come back.
how do i kill the clusters once and for all!