[OpenLayers-Users] How to restrict map extent?

shymon szymon.bogacz at o2.pl
Wed Apr 1 08:57:41 EDT 2009

Have a look at restrictedExtent on the Map object.

Ok, after setting restrictedExtent zoomToMaxExtent() method works, and map is centered always to ma city while zooming in and out. That's good. But now how can I restrict zooming out?
After call to zoomToMaxExtent zoom is set to level 11 and user can zoom out.

I tried to set max and min resolution, I tried setting scales array... nothing worked.
May someone explain me why setting scales array results in map not beeing displayed? Only placeholder tiles are visible?

Shymon