[OpenLayers-Users] New SelectFeature Control problems?

Heidtmare CHRISTOPHER.M.HEIDT at saic.com
Wed Apr 1 09:27:46 EDT 2009

To elaborate what I'm seeing now:

when i first load the map sensorSelectControl is active by default,
and i see items from both my sensorLayer and featureLayer.

when i change to my featureSelectControl items from the sensorLayer vanish.

when i change back to my sensorSelectControl items from the featureLayer vanish.

this is not how it behaved last week.

I update my openlayers svn checkout daily, but when i did it yesterday i
noticed that when i switch between my
SelectFeature controls the features not in the layer associated to that
control disapear!

They used to just bring that layer to the front and i could still see
all my other features behind it.

this is my code. it hasnt changed in months.

//Panel
  _sensorSelectControl = new
OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(_sensorLayer,{
   title: '[Selection Tool] Sensors',
   displayClass: 'Control_SelectSensors_',
   onSelect: onSensorSelect
  });
  _featureSelectControl = new
OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(_featureLayer,{
   title:'[Selection Tool] Features of Interest',
   displayClass: 'Control_SelectFeatures_',
   onSelect: onFeatureSelect
  });
  var panel = new
OpenLayers.Control.Panel({defaultControl:_sensorSelectControl});
  panel.addControls([
   _sensorSelectControl,
   _featureSelectControl
  ]);