[OpenLayers-Users] SVG Layers

Mirko _ o_dog22 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 06:58:28 EDT 2009

Hi guys,
I am completely new to OpenStreetMaps and OpenLayers so probably I have a very dumb question: How is it possible to use a SVG file as a SlippyMap Overlay?
I am googling around for about two days now and I don't really proceed. I have a .shp and a .svg file of all the area codes in Germany. Now I put a map on my website with the center point centered in Germany. Now I want to put the .svg file as an overlay onto the normal map.
I tried to find out how this whole polygon drawing thing works but I couldn't get any further.
Do you have a starting point?
I am really looking forward to your answers!
Cheers,
Werner