[OpenLayers-Users] Overlaying Open street map and custom map with transparency

altserg at yahoo.com altserg at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 16:47:49 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I overlayed the open street map and my custom map served by geoserver on top of it. The problem is that my custom map covers very small piece of territory and not included parts are sent like white empty image and I do not see base layer. I've used setOpacity method for layer to set opacity of my layer to 0.5 so I can see the base layer. But maybe it's possible to configure kind of transparency in my layer ? To tell Open Layers that white color should not be rendered at all ?

Thanks in adnavce,

Serg