[OpenLayers-Users] Native google map type switching

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Apr 10 09:38:11 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 06:32:44AM -0700, altserg at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to activate native google map type switcher for satellite, normal and hybrid map? Currently I did it as 2 layers on openlayes with types G_NORMAL_MAP and G_HYBRYD_MAP but I prefer to activate Google's native control for switching because I'm also using other my private layers

In OpenLayers, all control like this is at the OpenLayers level, not the
Google Maps level. I believe what you're asking for is a visual
representation of the layers similar to Google's multiple-buttons in th
eupper right. Thre is no similar functionality in OPenLayers; however,
it would be possible to implement by someone with sufficient Javascript
knowledge.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta