[OpenLayers-Users] Display problems when using openLayers with dhtmlxWindow

Derek Watling derek at cmainfo.co.za
Tue Apr 21 04:28:05 EDT 2009

Thank you Christopher for your prompt reply.

I had also posted this question on dhtmlx's support forum and the suggestion
I got was to add the following to my stylesheet:
div#olMap_OpenLayers_ViewPort { z-index: 1; }

Doing some debuging I found that the map's ViewPort div has a z-index of 0
in IE7 and is blank in the more compliant browsers. I  am working in ASP.NET
and the name of the map's div gets changed so I have come up with the
following solution which is working in all the browsers I have to test on.
After calling the map constructor I then use the following code to set the
z-index of the ViewPort:

map = ...<map constructor>...;
$get(map.div.id + "_OpenLayers_ViewPort").style.zIndex = 0;

Seems the conflict was no value being set.