[OpenLayers-Users] WMC and multi-url in OpenLayers 2.7

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Apr 23 05:11:40 EDT 2009

Hi Yves,

the problem is that there is no concept of multiple server urls in WMC.
If you look at the schema for WMC 1.1, you will see that the ServerType
in the Layer has exactly one occurrence, and the OnlineResource inside
the ServerType also has exactly one occurrence.

So the issue in Format.WMC.v1 is that the content of layer.url will be
written to the OnlineResource's xlink attribute, which will produce an
invalid value (comma-separated list of urls) if the layer's url is an
array. The question is whether we just want to write the first url, or
an additional vendor extension value that stores all other urls.

Anyway, this deserves a ticket. Yves, if you are interested in getting
this fixed, we would appreciate if you could create this ticket and
maybe even provide a patch.

Regards,
Andreas.

--