[OpenLayers-Users] change projection layer dynamically

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Fri Apr 24 22:45:04 EDT 2009

Hi Toni,

OpenLayers cannot combine WMS layers with different projections nor can
it easily switch projections, certainly not on the fly based on the
region you are viewing!
What I advise you to do is the following if you have no control over
these WMS servers and cannot have them serve all images in one
projection: have MapServer act as a reprojecting proxy for you.
MapServer can act as a WMS client and reproject the imagery into the
projection you want. This page describes how to do this: [1].

If you need more assistance with setting up or configuring MapServer I
advise you to ask their mailing list.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Roald

[1] http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_client.html