[OpenLayers-Users] Change Layer Vis outside of LayerSwitcher

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Apr 26 13:13:47 EDT 2009

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:43:24AM -0400, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I change the visibility of a layer in JavaScript, How do I get that
>> reflected in LayerSwitcher? Or maybe the question should be: How do tell
>> LayerSwitcher in JavaScript that I want to change layers selected?
>
> If you need to, something is broken. Can you share the code that isn't
> working?
>
> Regards,

Christopher,

http://imaptools.com:8080/maps/dd3.html?lat=34.5315&lon=69.1571&zoom=14&layers=B00TFTTTF&start=69.150255%2034.535834&stop=69.158273%2034.52821&method=STS&lang=eng

It is likely that my hack job of code has broken something.
Overlays seem to update ok, but the base layer is not updating.

I am trying to add the buttons instead of the LayerSwitcher and finally
got them to work, although there is probably a much easier way to do it.

So to reproduce is click on the [Map][Satellite][Contour] or [Show
labels] checkbox and these work as they should. If you open the
layerswitcher, you will see that the "Overlay Streets" and "90M Contour
Lines" toggle on and off with the button clicks, but changing the
baselayer visibility with the [Map][Satellite] buttons does not update
the layerswitcher.

I also have not looked into trying to make the buttons update when
things are toggled in the layerswitcher. None of this is a real issue
because layerswitcher will probably be commented out totally in the
production system. But it seemed like a practical exercise to better
understand how things work.

I am always open to suggestions on better ways to code these solutions.

Thank you,
   -Steve