[OpenLayers-Users] Node was not found: code:8 - fixed in 2.6+ ?????

plen peteralen at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 27 13:28:04 EDT 2009

Hello,

We are using OP v2.5 but will be moving to v2.7 in the next month or so.
Currently (in v2.5) I have been getting the error 'Node was not found" code:
"8' in Firefox (v2.0).  The error is triggered when I call:

getFeaturesLayer().addFeatures([.feature]);

My feature is a "new OpenLayers.Feature.Vector(point,null,style);" where I
define the external graphic and size, etc for the point.

I saw two older OL trouble tickets (#1042 and #1178) which reference the
problem, although the error may be called for different operations on the
feature.  It looked like there was a fix in OL v2.6, but I am not sure I
understaood that correctly.

So, my question is to find out if the problem I am seeing in v2.5 has indeed
been fixed and when we move to v2.7, all should be well.  Or whether it
could still be a problem.

Thanks - Peter