[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayer map drawing symbols... are there others?

plen peteralen at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 29 15:07:33 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am looking at the symbols that can be drawn on the map and have used one
of the OL examples to create symbols via:

var style = createSymbolStyle(SELECTED_SYMBOL_TYPE,
		                      frm.symbol_stroke_color.value,
		                      frm.symbol_fill_color.value,
		                      frm.symbol_radius.value,
		                      frm.symbol_stroke_width.value,
		                      frm.symbol_rotation.value,
		                      frm.symbol_opacity.value);

where the SELECTED_SYMBOL_TYPE = star, cross, x, triangle, square, or
circle.

Our customer wants to have a shape symbol palette, such as what you might
find in Powerpoint, for example.  My question is whether the OL
createSymbolStyle function knows about other symbols than I referenced
above, or what else might be done to add more symbols options.

Any thoughts?

Thanks - Peter