[OpenLayers-Users] Question about map data licensing

Arnie Shore ashore3 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 30 20:23:03 EDT 2009

I'm with Brad Redfearn in what I plan to do, although not for commercial
reasons but rather to provide a server environment for public safety
operations that's able to operate without Internet access - when 'the
balloon has gone up'.  The combination of OL and OpenStreetMap looks
exactly right to allow for local-server-based map and api storage.

I myself use a rather limited set of the GMaps functions, mebbe ten in
all; like instantiate, setCenter, etc. and I wonder if there some kind
of function-to-function guide avaialble to assist those of us doing this
kind of conversion.  I looked at a number of the examples, but nothing
really looked too useful at this early stage.  Any hints along this line
will really be appreciated.

AS