[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeatureInfo does not display animated gif icon in IE6

Peter Dawn petedawn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 00:24:56 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am working on a Geoserver/OpenLayer web application. I need to test it in IE6.

Now I have a GetFeatureInfo function, where the user clicks on the map
and I do a GetFeatureInfo call and I display the results on the
screen.

The function is working well. However I want to display a animated GIF
wait icon, while its retrieving data. So I have the following,
icon = new OpenLayers.Icon("images/loader.gif",size,null,myOffset);

This displays the icon, but it does not animate. I am unable to figure
out why. Can somebody tell me what I need to get it to work. It works
fine in FF.

Thanks.