[OpenLayers-Users] KML write custom attribute

Peter Dawn petedawn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 21:43:32 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am using open layers to write to kml. I am able to successfully
write to a 'Description' attribute as its already in KML.

But if I need to introduce a new attribute like 'Info', I am unable to
write to it using open layer. I would expected, since KML is just XML
it would allow me to create a custom attribute.

So if I use,
kmlFormater.write(features);
This writes to just description attribute.

If I create my own then it doesn't. Does anybody know if there is a
work around this.

Thanks.