[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayer SLD does not display labels

Ivan Grcic igrcic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 08:09:04 EDT 2009

hi,

we are talking about WMS layer here right?

 If it is the case, then OpenLayers doesnt have anything to do with
it, but your server (Geoserver or whatever youre using) that generates
images, so you could find more info there

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/LabelingOptions
and check:
<VendorOption name="spaceAround">10</VendorOption>

cheers

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Peter Dawn<petedawn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to display labels on my map. But when I turn on the
> labels, all labels do not show up. When I zoom in further labels start
> showing up.
>
> What I need to do is, display all labels at the default scale, even if
> it looks all cluttered. There is a MinScaleDenominator and
> MaxScaleDenominator flag and I tried to tweak them. Even if I set the
> max scale to really high, all labels do not show up.
>
> Can somebody tell me if there is a way to do display all labels
> irrespective of the scale.
>
> Thanks.

Ivan Grcic