[OpenLayers-Users] Starting function if layerstatus is changed

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Fri Aug 14 08:37:30 EDT 2009

Hello Kai,

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I registered my
function to run when the layer changes visibility (is toggled on/off):

markers.events.on({ "featureselected": onMarkerSelect,
"featureunselected": onMarkerUnselect, *"visibilitychanged":
onMarkerToggle* });

markers is a Vector layer, but the event should be available for every
layer. You can check in your function to see if the layer has been
toggled off or on by looking at markers.visibility:

*function onMarkerToggle(event) {
        //do something if visibility becomes true
        if(markers.visibility == true){
          alert("This layer just turned visible!");
*
Regards,
Adrian

--