[OpenLayers-Users] OSM + OpenLayers Help Please

phan quyminhphan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 17:58:12 EDT 2009

I downloaded California osm data from the open street map data,
then I converted the data into postgis data via osm2pgsql where it is stored
in my postgresql database,
then I ran geoserver and tested my california map data, it worked, the
california roads showed up,

but when I try to call up on my geoserver map data( the california map )
from openlayer example file, the map showed up
blank, no images of california roads at all, just a blank white picture,
Just wondering what I did wrong...
Here is a little snipplet of my code to call the geoserver call
                var wmsLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "OpenLayers WMS",
                    "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms", {layers:
'cali:planet_osm_roads',format:'image/png'});

I am trying to get the ali:planet_osm_roads to show up on my openlayer html
page by calling
my tomcat webserver, geoserver wms stuff.
Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing anything from the code?

But nothing is showing up, just a blank white image,
Please help would be much appreciated,
Thank you!