[OpenLayers-Users] Zoom to feature and highlight it

kennyken asseltine1 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 09:18:29 EDT 2009

Here is what I’m trying to do.
I have google maps as my base layer.  Then I have a polygon layer on top of
that.
What I’m trying to do is link to a particular polygon and highlight it via a
hyperlink somewhere on my website.

For example I would have a link similar to
http://mywebsite/map.html/polygonIDNumber/

That would then open the map and zoom to and highlight the polygon that is
identified in the URL.
I’ve look at several example and I can’t find what I’m looking for. Any help
would be appreciated.