[OpenLayers-Users] How set Mapserver WMS URL to work on Windows?

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Sat Aug 22 17:33:51 EDT 2009

Hi Michal,

That should work:
'http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=d:/ProgramData/Apache/blue_county/
wms_demo.map&'

Arnd

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: users-bounces at openlayers.org [mailto:users-bounces at openlayers.org] Im
Auftrag von Michal Seidl
Gesendet: Samstag, 22. August 2009 15:58
An: users at openlayers.org
Betreff: [OpenLayers-Users] How set Mapserver WMS URL to work on Windows?

Ho I can not figure out how to correctly set the WMS url? I have to set the
Mapserver map file location as a URL part.

var wms_baseLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
		"WMS UMN Mapserver on Windows box",

'http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=d:\\\ProgramData\\\Apache\\\blue_c
ounty\\\wms_demo.map&',

I finally found that three '\' works fine so far the last backslash with
first latter is not a special character. In my case I have problem with
\\\blue_county  -> \%08lue_county\  but  should be \blue_county\

Any advise?

Thanks Michal