[OpenLayers-Users] How to make a drag and drop for markers?

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Mon Aug 24 08:11:17 EDT 2009

Jimmy Aumard wrote:
> Hello, thanks for answers,
>
> My problème is I use markers and I put/update attributes on each in my
> database. I don't know how put or update attributes with vector layer
> (if you have an example I take it :D).

You need a server that supports transactions :

  - GeoServer
  - TinyOWS
  see the example :
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-protocol-transactions.html

  - FeatureServer (uses MapFish protocol)
  see a demo : http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga-fs/

  The FS demo also shows a way to edit feature's attributes.

> I use vector layer for polygon with DragFeature. I know this solution
> but points representation is a point an I use icon, It's possible to
> put an icon to a point with a vector layer?

Yes.  Look at the following example and search the source for the
externalGraphic property.
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/styles-unique.html

Regards,

Alexandre