[OpenLayers-Users] map bounds or projection problem?

eoinyp eoinyp at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 12:27:14 EDT 2009

Thanks Arnd,
I made some progress, but Im not quite there yet.
Adding in the navigation control made a small difference. It works well when
I have 2 layers (no google)
see: http://www.eoinmaca.com/maps/OpenLayers/twolayers.htm
However the bounds of the area shown is still constrained. There is data
there for all US states so I think it is the line:
var bounds = new OpenLayers.Bounds(
19012.0201171875, 768402.5875,
345695.3353515625, 968859.1625);
that constrains the display of information. I just dont know how to figure
out what the correct bounds should be!
Again, this problem is compounded with the addition of the third layer
see: http://www.eoinmaca.com/maps/OpenLayers/threelayers.htm
I cannot zoom in on the area where the layers are overlaid on the google
map, It always brings me to north Africa! :(

Thanks for the help on the epsg. When I have only 2 layers I used
EPSG:26986, the local projection,
and when I add the google layer, I define the map projection to be
EPSG:900913, google spherical mercator.

Really puzzeled as to why it always zooms in on North africa and doesnt let
me pan to the Northeren USA.
Thanks again,

Eoinyp