[OpenLayers-Users] DragPan and SelectControl on Vector layer

Jeremy Husmann Jeremy.Husmann at critchlow.co.nz
Thu Aug 27 04:16:06 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Unsure if this is possible or not so I thought I might put the question
out there incase someone had done this before.

If you are adding a vector layer to a basemap you can pan across any
polygons if you are zoomed right in on them. Bu as soon as you add a
selectControl to the layer you loose this capability to pan. i.e. a
click and hold wont pan but a full click will still select.

Is there any way to accomplish both controls at once on a vector layer?
I have tried adding the 'DragPan' control directly to the Vector layer
but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

Jeremy