[OpenLayers-Users] search feature to apposite attribute

Maren Kiehl maren.kiehl at gmx.de
Thu Aug 27 16:00:56 EDT 2009

Hi at all.

I'm searching for a function which can identify a feature by searching
an attribute-value.
I have the name of a feature-attribute (feature.attributes.name) and
wanna search the apposite feature. After that I wanna zoom to the center
of this feature
(map.setCenter(feature.geometry.getBounds().getCenterLonLat(), zoom);).
I dont know how to set the feature by knowing the attribute. I get the
attribute-value from a php-value in another page. By clicking a link on
this page a window opens and shows a little map with the feature-point
in the center of it. Everything works except for the last step.
Does somebody know a function like this?

Thanks for your support.
Best regards,
Maren