[OpenLayers-Users] Fw: vector layers don't display in internetexplore 8.0.6001 anymore

stephane.poirier at usherbrooke.ca stephane.poirier at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Aug 31 11:44:18 EDT 2009

Nop Chris, the standard, by the book, vector layers demos do not work in my
current IE80 install. I had this problem ever since the version 2.8rc2, but
was working around using IE80 compatibility view to draw have everything
draw perfectly. I also saw this problem occur when developing with 2.7 under
IE70. I lost the vector layer drawing at some point (this for any demos of
the large openlayers standard demos set - involving any vector layer, even
selection tool does not draw). My IE70 problem disaper when I updated with
IE80 provided using compatibility view.

It is like if I should fix my IE install, but don`t know what to reset. In
the recent days, with some ms-auto-update, the compatibility view mechanism
is different, and does not seems to work anymore on my system. It is always
using the new standard IE80 drawing and therefore I lost my capabilities of
drawing vector layers.

I have not reproduced this bug on other machines, but then again, I am
pretty much always on my same developer machine (an XP Pro installed version
5.1.2600 service pack 3 Nu 2600 in french). My dxdiag directx diagnostic
currently shows an non-optimal version of the d3d9d.dll (version
9.18.0944.0000 as opposed to my non-debug versions d3d9.dll and others being
mostly stamped 5.03.2600.5512). I will also test under this sme computer`s
WIN2K3 IE70 and IE80 install and let you know soon. But, I would really
appreciate to find the fix for this WINXP PRO french install.

SP.