[OpenLayers-Users] WFS Filter Stragety?

HKChad forums at 2kgt.com
Wed Feb 18 17:26:37 EST 2009

I need to append an &filter= param to my WFS queries. I've already been down
the road of using OpenLayers.Layer.WFS and learning that it appends &BBOX=
to each query even if you have an &filter, and we all know that violates the
WFS spec even though some servers support it, so I learned of the new,

new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector('bla', {
                    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
                    protocol:bla,

way of doing things, and that got me right back to where I was (although a
little slower, but Strategy.Fixed was nice and fast). So now I'm back to the
point of where I want to send a filter. I don't see how do accomplish this.
I looked through the BBOX strategy code and it references a filter but it
appears it does a Logical AND and adds a BBOX onto that (which in some
cases, I don't want). So 2 questions.

How can I send a pre-built filter to my WFS WITH OUT a BBOX
and how can I send one WITH a bbox.

thanks!
-chad